A project in Watch Face Studio (WFS) contains everything that defines your watch face, from assets to build configurations. When you start a new project, WFS creates the necessary structure for all your files. This guide provides an overview of the key components that make up your project.
Manage projects on the WFS landing page. The options include the following:
- New Project: create a new watch face project.
- Open Project: open an existing project.
- My Workspace: view the list of all projects stored on your local machine.
- Recent Project: view a list of projects you recently worked on.
- Starred Project: view the list of projects you previously starred.
Each folder has a view type, sort option, and search box. View your folders in grid view or list view. Sort by last opened, date created, name ascending, or name descending. Use Move to my Workspace to move the project to a location designated as a local workspace folder.
Sample projects are loaded together with read-only options in the tool. To save your versions of these projects, select save-as.
The following list describes settings within each project:
- Font: set the default font.
- Bitmap font: set the bitmap font for the opened project. The bitmap font set here is also shown in the properties menu.
Canvas: Apply circular crop: crop the canvas to a circle by default. If you need to fill the outside of the circle with a color, unselect this option.
Step goal: set the step goal to be used for step percentage calculation.
Heart rate measurement interval: set the interval for automatic heart rate measurement.
The following list describes the most important files and folders that configure the WFS environment:
workspacefolder: contains project files and build outputs.
Project settings: contains the following settings:
- Project location: sets the location that your project uses.
- View: sets the properties for Grid, Guidelines, and Snap.
- Edit: lets you edit layer-specific configurations.
Appearance: lets you select from light mode, dark mode, or system default themes:
Create a project
To create a new project in WFS, follow these steps:
- Click New Project or, if you already have a project open, select File > New Project from the menu bar.
- Specify the width and height of your watch face.
Open an existing project
To open an existing local project in WFS, follow these steps:
- Click File > New > Open Project.
- In the Open Project window, navigate to the root directory of the project you want to open.
- Click OK to open the project.
Alternatively, you can open existing projects in the following ways:
- In WFS, select New Project > Recent, then select your project.
- Double-click a project file directly from a folder.
WFS also supports importing GWD project files from Galaxy Watch Studio. Some components and settings might not be imported because of operating system differences. Encrypted GWD project files can’t be imported. To import your GWD, select Files > Import GWD.